Sunday, June 2, 2013

Learning Space






























Many of you have emailed me and asked me more about homeschooling and I have been so honored to answer your questions. One of the questions that many of you have wondered about is "Do you have a special place in your home where you do school?" The answer is easy, "yes" and "no".  Yes, I have finally found the perfect use for our small and awkward loft, which has been a thorn in my side since we purchased this house. It's been Ole's office (that was a disaster) my studio (too small) a playroom for the kids (too loud) and now finally a place to house all of our school supplies and also do work if we choose. No, because we "do school" all over the place. Snuggled up in the family room reading stories, in the kitchen for the messy projects, and outside for nature studies, field trips and really messy projects.  The kids also each have desks and computers in each of their rooms for independent and quiet work, although, that usually doesn't last too long as they all much prefer to be a part of the action. However, this space is working out perfectly now. I have everything organized from curriculum, to art supplies, music & videos, to games and puzzles and of course our collection of books. The biggest problem with this space is I have no wall space to hang up any artwork or maps. So, I have to be creative and come up with other solutions. One of the big drawbacks of a loft space is lack of walls. The kids and I love spending time in our cozy little loft and I am amazed how much stuff we have managed to get into this small space. Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

Dawn

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to have found you. Oops, sorry, my name is Jessica and I am from Malaysia. I found you while looking for homeschoolers using Froebel. Your blog has been inspirational.

    ReplyDelete