Saturday, December 11, 2010

Needlefelting





Lately, I have been admiring so many beautiful things I have seen that have been made by needle felting, so I decided to give it a whirl. I purchased some supplies from Nova Natural Toys and Crafts and today I finally decided to try it out. Now, keep in mind I have never done anything like this before, but it was so much fun and pretty easy once you get the hang of it and keep your fingers out of the way so you don't stab yourself with the barbed felting needle....Ouch! My first little project was a cute little polka dot mushroom, then Abby and Henry insisted it needed to be on grass so I made a little patch of grass for the mushroom and then attached it...now the mushroom stands up on it's own and the kids can use it for their imaginative play. Abby was completely fascinated by the entire process and watched every move I made. I have a feeling I am going to have an avid needle-felter on my hands in a few more years, but currently she a bit to young to give this a try. So, instead she was happy to make suggestions of all the things I "Needed" to make for her and Henry to play with. Her first request was a little white rabbit...with pink in his ears...of course.... Well, Abby and Henry love the little guy and I am pretty impressed with myself for my very first attempt at this really fun new art form we have discovered. I wonder what the kids will have me make next????

Dawn

Here's a direct link to the needle felting supplies....

FYI there are tons of great books( I bought this one) on needle felting and loads of great tuts on Youtube.com to explain how to do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment